Village of Holly, MI. October 1, 2010
Downtown merchants will host Trick or Treat from 4:00PM - 5:00PM on Saturday, October 30, 2010.
General Trick or Treat hours for the entire Village will be on Halloween, Sunday, October 31, 2010 from 6:00PM to 8:00PM.
The Village of Holly Fire Department will scan and inspect candy at the Broad Street Fire Station from 6:00PM to 9:00PM.
Holly Police Chief Gackstetter will be adding extra neighborhood patrols on Halloween night and wants to give parents and residents some simple tips to make the evening safe for everyone.
For Parents and Kids:
- Carry a flashlight or chemical glow stick.
- Costumes should not drag on the ground, you could trip and fall.
- If you buy a costume make sure it is made of flame retardant material.
- Walk, don't run.
- Avoid wearing masks when walking from house to house.
- Shoes should fit, even if they don't go with your costume.
- Kids should only approach houses that are lit
- Stay on the sidewalks, if no sidewalks, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- It's a good idea to stay in familiar neighborhoods.
- Be careful when crossing yards or driveways.
- Stay away from and don't pet animals you don't know.
- Although tampering is rare, tell kids to bring the candy home to inspect before they eat anything.
- Don't carry fake swords, guns, knives, or similar accessories that look authentic. Make sure they're flexible and cannot hurt anyone.
For Home Owners:
- Turn on the porch light.
- Try to make sure your yard is clear of; ladders, hoses, etc. that could cause someone to trip.
- Pets may get frightened at Halloween try to put them in a safe place.
- Try to hand out treats that are package sealed.
- Make sure flammable decorations are away from jack-o-lanterns.